The papers will be grouped into different sessions:
- Legislation of the cultural heritage
- Management and interpretation of underwater cultural heritage
- Tools and methods (conservation, restoration, documentation, excavation)
- Maritime cultural landscapes
- Ports, harbours, and anchorages
- Material culture of maritime trade
- Seafaring and navigation
There are no other limitations regarding the subject and the period, but special consideration will be given to papers adopting an innovative theoretical and methodological approach.
Please note: no papers dealing with unprovenanced artefacts will be accepted.
The conference language will be English in order to maintain the usual organization of SOMA conferences. No translation services will be available during the congress.
All speakers are requested to observe a 20 minute limit for presented papers. Presentations will be given as Power Point (.ppt) presentations.