The papers will be grouped into different sessions dedicated to the different and related regions of the Mediterranean. These are as follows:
1. The Western Mediterranean
2. The Central Mediterranean
3. The Aegean and Eastern Mediterranean
4. The Black Sea
5. The Near East and Egypt
6. Mediterranean Interactions
7. Underwater cultural heritage
Also papers regarding the following themes will be accepted:
- Marine / Seamanship History
- Conservation, preservation and archaeological site management
- Restoration and Museology
There are no other limitations regarding the subject and the period, but special consideration will be given to papers adopting an innovative theoretical and methodological approach.
Please note: no papers dealing with unprovenanced artifacts will be accepted.
The conference language will be English in order to maintain the usual organization of SOMA conferences. No translation services will be available during the congress.
All speakers are requested to observe a 20 minute limit for presented papers. Presentations will be given as Power Point (.ppt) presentations.